1. Make the right thing, the easy thing.
2. I spent a lot of years thinking that photography was hard, and that is why I never started. I should've started much earlier.
3. If you ride a bike in the rain, you will get wet. Either from the inside or the outside. It is a fine balancing act, but after 3 years of daily commuting, I've decided that I mostly just care about not getting cold.
4. Merino Wool feels too good to be true.
5. My kids aren't afraid to call me on contradictions in my life.
6. Sometimes buying the best is really important, but there are times when the generic version will work just fine. However...
7. You could spend a lot of time and energy looking for jeans or you could just do the right thing and buy a pair of Levi's.
8. Try putting less sugar in your coffee a little bit each day. If you like it sweetened, that's fine, but you lose flavor if you add too much, and you will probably like it with a little less than you expect.
9. Simple is almost always better.
10. If you tell Siri to remind you of something when you arrive somewhere, it will eat your battery twice as fast until you check that box.
11. I think that you should find a new home for gear that you no longer use.
12. Software. I used to think that it should be free. I don't feel that way anymore. We're all willing to pay for the devices, but what are they without the software? I say pay for it if you find it useful.
13. I have no use for pretentious art or music.
14. A Chorizo, egg and cheese taco on a flour tortilla is a thing of beauty.
15. Amazon prime is a really good deal.
16. The behavior of my children is directly related to the quality of my communication with my wife.
17. All men are leaders. Not leading, is just leading poorly.
18. Acceptable jewelry for men = a wedding ring and a watch.
19. Manhattan with Maker's - in a rocks glass.
20. The smaller your wallet, the better. Don't be Costanza.
21. You should choose which gadgets will be upgraded every time a new one comes out- it makes the decision making process a lot easier.
22. There is freedom in wearing a suit and tie every day.
23. Watching my wife lose a parent is more heartbreaking than I expected.
24. Star Wars nerds shouldn't get so upset about Jar Jar Binks. It's not like episodes 4-6 set the non-cheese bar very high.
25. Inclement weather is great because it equalizes everything. I love inclement weather.
26. If there was a way to harness the energy of my children...man, that would be awesome!
27. At the root of every poor choice or sin is improper perspective. It is easy to justify selfishness if you use yourself as your reference point.
28. There is nothing better than hugs and kisses from my kids.
29. There is a difference between management and leadership. No one wants to be managed.
30. I figured out a few years ago that I am an end user. I don't want to be an IT guy.
31. Always aim for fantastic User Experience.
32. I read a lot more now that I have an iPad. Not sure what that says about me and if that is a good thing or a bad thing.
33. I'm a lot more productive when I have a short to-do list that I can -and have to finish today.
34. Coffee beans are an area where you shouldn't scrimp. It costs 2.50 for a cup of coffee at a good coffee shop. It costs $12-14 for a bag of good beans that will brew 3-4 cups a day of French press for at least a week. Do the math. Brewing good beans at home is the best value.
35. My wife is pretty hard core about education. I'm grateful for this as her involvement is making a ton of difference for my kids.
36. The older I get, the more I understand moderation.
37. Everyone has their favorite birthday cake. I finally figured out mine. My wife's apple pie. It is amazingly good!